1. The duration of preliminary games shall be- 2x27 minutes.
For Playoffs- If the score is tied in the semi-final and final round at the end of regulation time, there will be two (2) five (5) minute Golden Goal- periods shall be played; if the score is still tied, penalty kicks (3) shall be taken.
2. Teams shall be permitted to register up to 14 players. Only 10 players may dress per game; 5v5 (U11-U12-U13-U14) or 6v6 (U8-9-10) will be allowed to play with unlimited substitutions in and out.
Minimum Players needed for a game:
3 for 5v5 games
4 for 6v6 games
A player may only play for one club. Players can play up in age 2 yr max-(Ex U10 can play U11, U12 but can’t play U13 or older) and cannot play down even if age is correct on player pass.
3. Only registered teams players are allowed to participate, NO GUEST PLAYERS.
Players/Coaches Travel Passes:
Team rosters (from SI Play website ONLY) must be given to the League representative on site before the start of the game; NO PASS- NO PLAY
4. All regular soccer rules shall be in effect except the following;
(a) there shall be no offside;
(b) an indirect free kick shall be awarded if a goal kick is kicked over the midfield line of play without first bouncing or touching a player in own team’s half of play; Drop kick by goalkeeper over midfield line is NOT allowed. Goalie cannot while in possession of the ball, throw the ball over the midfield line, Goalie can however roll ball outside box and then become a field player in order to play ball over the midfield line.
(c) an indirect free kick shall be awarded if the ball hits the ceiling from the center circle.
(d) a kick in shall be awarded if the ball touches the net above the boards from the point of infraction. There are NO Throw- Ins.
(e) on all free kicks the opponents must remain at least (3) yards from the ball;
(f) a player ejected from a game as a result of receiving a red card or two yellow cards shall be considered ejected from the game and can face further disciplinary action;
(g) pass back into the goalkeeper is ALLOWED;
5. Substitutions may be made at any stoppage of play. All substitutions must be made from the substitution point with the knowledge of the Referee; player substitution shall not be allowed in the last minute of play.
6. Group standings shall be determined as follows; (a) a win shall count as 3 points; (b) a tie shall count as 1 point; (c) a loss shall receive no points; (d) in case of a tie, head to head result will determine winner, then goal difference and then goals against. Play-Off Format- TBD
7. All teams must bring two (2) sets of uniforms; players must wear shin guards, turf shoes or sneakers. NO CLEATS.
8. Check IN-by teams with the league representative must be made 20 minutes prior to your kick off.
A team that fails to appear at their kick off time for their scheduled game or fails to have the minimum # of players for their game (see rule #2) shall forfeit the game (2:0); and shall be fined a forfeit fee plus referee fees as set by the arbiter in accordance with CJSL By-laws.
9. All Clubs Are responsible for the conduct of its players, coaches and fans. Any club who fails to show proper respect, sportsmanship and fair play will be expelled from the tournament and face further disciplinary actions.
10. No Protests Allowed. All decisions by the referee and or cjsl is final and binding.